SEO Consultant: What It Is, What It Does, And What Functions It Performs
Optimizing an e-commerce, blog or website so that it appears on Google and other search engines is not an easy job. Many criteria must be taken into account, in addition to the existence of a high level of competitiveness for occupying the top positions on the results pages.
The work of an SEO consultant is crucial for any company that wants to maximize its online visibility in the main search engines. They are true experts who know the most important positioning criteria, as well as the best techniques to optimize a website.
What is an SEO consultant?
An SEO consultant is a specialist in optimizing web pages so that they meet the positioning criteria, with the aim that the sites appear in the first positions of results or SERP.
With the work of an SEO expert, it is possible to improve the positioning to increase traffic to the web, mainly from users who match the target to which it is directed. SEO experts master internal optimization techniques, or on-page SEO, and off-page SEO strategies, such as link building, to get Google to place websites in better ranking positions.
How should an SEO consultant be?
The role of SEO consultants requires that they possess a series of knowledge and skills to be able to optimize a website efficiently so that it fights for the best positions in Google. Some of the characteristics that an SEO consultant must have are:
- Knowledge in digital marketing to master different disciplines such as communication channels, types of strategies, and market segmentation…
- Master Google’s positioning criteria to optimize sites (loading speed, user experience, web architecture, usability, accessibility, and mobile adaptability, among others).
- Data analytics to be able to collect and analyze data about websites and user behavior.
- Understanding of the main data analytics tools, such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google Disavow, SEO platforms, such as SEMRush or AHrefs, and other related tools.
- Constant updating in matters related to SEO positioning to always be up to date with changes in this highly dynamic sector (continuous learning capacity).
What are the functions of SEO consultants?
The SEO consultant is a profile that plays a very important role for companies today since their responsibility is directly related to their visibility in the digital world.
Let’s see what are the main functions and tasks that an SEO expert performs:
It is in charge of carrying out a study and analysis of the situation of the company’s web platforms about its positioning in Google, to detect which are the best strategies and techniques to apply to improve it. Within this analysis, it performs important functions such as:
- Keyword research. To find out which keywords that are already positioned and which would be interesting keywords to attack.
- Competition study. To identify what their positioning strategies are, what words they position, etc.
- User behavior analysis. Using data analytics tools allows you to find out valuable information about user behavior (how long they stay on the web, at which URLs they leave the site, and what devices they use…).
- Status of the website about the main Google positioning criteria.
An SEO consultant is in charge of making improvements and changes to the web so that it meets the main positioning criteria of search engines, such as:
- Load speed. Optimize the web so that the loading time is minimal when displaying the content and its functionalities.
- Mobile adaptability. So that the web offers the best user experience on mobile phones and tablets.
- Technical SEO. Improve all aspects related to the technical part of the web, such as the use of anchor texts, the robots.txt file, meta tags, redirection of broken links, etc.
One of the most important tasks of the SEO consultant is to make the web increase its domain authority. To do this, you must manage to generate external links that point to the web and that come from other sites that address similar or related topics, and that have a high domain authority.
This part of off-page SEO is one of the most complex and where the SEO expert plays a fundamental role in improving web positioning.
An SEO consultant is a professional who must have a series of specific knowledge and skills to optimize a website for search engines. This is a role that has become essential in a digital and globalized market where appearing in the privileged positions of Google is key to business success.
SEO consulting, experts in web design and digital marketing, and can offer you good services so that your online store or website can fight for the top positions on the Google results pages.